Solar power is growing exponentially. Over the past decade, solar has become the fastest growing source of renewable energy worldwide. At the same time, advances in photovoltaic (PV) power technology and strong demand have reduced the costs for this zero-emissions energy source – enabling it to offset millions of metric tons of CO2 emissions by helping to displace the use of fossil fuel-based electricity.
Ormat has a long and proven track record developing, building and operating renewable energy projects. We have more than five decades of in-house experience and expertise developing geothermal and recovered energy power plants and are leveraging this valuable experience in the solar PV market. Our know how and knowledge base in the renewable market is unmatched – we can develop, engineer, procure, construct and finance renewable power plants of any size and complexity and are applying these competitive capabilities to solar PV power plants.
Our focus is on large-scale solar power development opportunitiesworldwide. Ormat’s solar development team is organized in three key units – technology, financing and project development – and together, we work with clients to optimize each solar development project.
• Siting and Analyzing Solar Resources Ormat’s team of solar experts rigorously evaluates a potential site for the critical factors that add technical and financial value and long-term power generation resilience to solar projects.
• Securing Land Rights Ormat has successfully secured thousands of acres of land for renewable energy development projects, applying our ability to navigate the land search and purchase / lease processes while skillfully negotiating for our clients.
• Interconnection Arrangements Ormat has initiated, executed and maintained interconnection and transmission service agreements for hundreds of MW’s in dozens of locations worldwide.
• Permitting and Environmental Assessments We have a dedicated team of experts dealing with project permitting and environmental assessment processes, offering clients in-depth knowledge of multiple jurisdictions. We are also conversant in applying the most up-to-date environmental mitigation strategies to keep solar installation footprints as small as possible and reducing potential impacts to land, air, water and wildlife.
• Engineering, Procurement and Construction Ormat is a Tier 1 EPC contractor. We offer clients comprehensive in-house resources for the completion of detailed engineering, procurement and construction management and are fully conversant with both tracking systems and fixed tilt solar panel installation systems. We maintain strong relationships with leading solar PV panel manufacturers for key equipment, including polycrystalline based modules manufacturers and inverter manufacturers.
• Financial Modeling – We offer structured financial planning to optimize the ROI of every solar project, including debt, incentives and tax planning.
The Power of Experience
Heber Solar Project, Imperial County, CA
In 2014 Ormat delivered a major solar installation – the 13.1 MWDC Heber Solar Project. We secured a 20-year PPA with the Imperial County Irrigation District on behalf of our client and completed all project development components, including real-estate acquisition, permitting, interconnections and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
Ormat Rooftop Solar PV Net Metering Project, Ormat Manufacturing Facility
Ormat applies solar technology to power one of our key manufacturing facilities. This 1.13 MWAC net metering project contributes 2GWh of power annually, using six rooftops. Ormat is the owner, developer and EPC provider of this project, which has been operating since September 2014.